Thursday, September 2, 2010

Interlude

I just took a very late lunch break to hit up the farmer's market I just discovered happens every Thursday from 3-7 at a park near my work. It was teensy, about five stands, but felt just the right size. Lately the city farmer's market has been so, so crowded that it's hard to just get in and get what I need. I bought some delicious looking zucchini, tomatoes, green peppers and two squashes - butternut and spaghetti. On the meal plan for the week is fried zucchini, stuffed peppers, tacos with fresh salsa, butternut squash mac and cheese, and meatballs with spaghetti squash. We're going to eat well this week.
I'm really looking forward to the long weekend. I remember last year I felt really balanced after labor day. It was the perfect mix of time spent at home with my little family, time with extended family, time with friends, organization projects and relaxation time. I hope we can do the same this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment