Friday, August 27, 2010

Grievances and Gratitude

Last night I got an e-mail from our condo association informing us there is going to be a special assessment. I've always known these were a possibility, and I knew that we were likely to have one to fix the garage aprons on our homes that are threatening to sink into a giant hole. But I'm still annoyed because the whole reason we have to pay so much now is because no one voted to do this two years earlier, when it would have been far less expensive. Plus, I admit that I completely cringed when I read the e-mail because it was so poorly written (they actually typed "we're gunna fix...") and unprofessional. Since my profession is publishing, I can't stand how lame their newsletters and e-mails are.
 
That aside, I'm trying not to let it get me down. I have a fun-filled weekend coming up to celebrate two wonderful gals who are getting married in the next couple of months, my friend M. and my soon-to-be sister-in-law, R. I have M's bachelorette party tonight, and R's shower on Sunday. And Saturday is supposed to be really nice, so I may go to a farm festival with S., or just stay at home tooling around our neighborhood.
 
Today I am grateful for:
- Lunches on the patio with my friend at a fabulous little bakery. A nice interlude to the work day.
- The way S. smiles around his pacifier in the morning.
- Time to surf parenting and housing blogs while eating mint chocolate chip ice cream last night.
- Playing outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment