Friday, April 9, 2010

To Paint, or Not to Paint

Painting our brick fireplace has become my new obsession. Well, that and planning my son's 1st birthday party (which is in one month!), but that's for another blog, or another post. Every day I seem to waver on what to do with the brick. In fact, my opinion can change hourly, depending on the light in our house. When it's sunny I kind of like the brick. When it's darker, I want nothing more than to cover up that splotchy brick with a coat of glossy white paint.

A co-worker of mine may have swayed me in the "paint" direction, with this blog post she dug up: http://restyledhome.blogspot.com/2008/08/brick-by-brick.html

The second fireplace down has a very similar green to what our living room is painted. So now that I have a visual of what it would look like in my place, I think I'm going to take the plunge.

Before and after pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment