Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clouds and Bots: Kid's Room Themes

First two photos from Apartment Therapy (Ohdeedoh).
This cute room posted on Ohdeedoh today jumped out at me. http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/my-room/my-room-gavinnew-york
It reminds me a tiny bit of Sebastian's room already, with the blue and green scheme and the clouds, but it also incorporates his other two loves: robots and Ugly Dolls. I was trying to think of a way to bring robots into his room, which has more of a flying theme with clouds, airplane and hot air balloon decals. This room does it really well... I love the robot/cloud painting and the cloud shelf.
But I also wonder if in someways it's silly to totally deck out a child's room in a theme. S's room is actually more just kid-room, than an airplane room or a balloon room or whatever. He just got a big retro Curious George print that I will blog about later, and he has some alphabet paintings, his "cozy" letters and all the cloud stuff. Maybe I just need to go ahead and bring in some robot stuff (like robot toddler bedding once we switch over to a toddler bed) and not worry that it's not going to "match."

No comments:

Post a Comment